Monday, April 8
- Radford University Admissions Visit: Radford University is visiting NOVA’s Alexandria campus, and will be holding an information table from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the student services center in the Bisdorf Building.
- UVA Admissions Visit (BIS Program): University of Virginia is visiting NOVA’s Alexandria campus, and will be holding an information table from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in the student services center in the Bisdorf Building.
Tuesday, April 9
- 2019 Graphic Design Student Show: NOVA’s Alexandria Campus is hosting a design student show that will be judged by award-winning Metro-area design professionals. Art featured includes graphic, interactive and web design by NOVA students. The show is free, and will be in the Center for Design, Media and the Arts art gallery from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday, April 10
- Fall 2019 Semester registration: Priority registration date for continuing students. Remember to log in and choose your classes for next semester.
- Coffee Hour Workshop: Do It Now! No More Procrastinating: NOVA’s Alexandria campus is holding a workshop at 2 p.m. in The ASC Annex, room 234, as a part of their ongoing coffee hour series. The workshop will focus on both avoiding procrastination and maintaining focus. There is no event registration required for this event.
- Movie Night–Boy Erased: There will be a screening of “Boy Erased,” a movie that came out last November, on NOVA’s Manassas campus at 8 p.m. in the Colgan Theater. The film centers on the son of a Baptist preacher who is outed as gay, and is forced to attend a conversion therapy program. The screening is free with a NOVA ID, and only $3 with general admission. Only cash will be accepted at the screening.
- GovCon: Job and Internship Fair: The fair, which will be on NOVA’s Loudoun Campus, will have government contractors who are hiring for emerging technology programs. The event is free and open to NOVA students. Register for the fair in the College Central Network and view the list of current employers and job opportunities.
- 2019 Legacy Lecture: Dr. Richard Semmler is speaking at NOVA’s Annandale Campus in the 2019 Legacy Lecture in CA Building, room 302. The lecture is hosted by Annandale Campus Lyceum Committee and the Annandale Campus Forum
Thursday, April 11
- Trivia Thursday: Trivia Thursday will be held in the CA Building Cafe this week. Compete in teams of four for the opportunity to be winner of the week and win a $25 gift card to Barnes and Noble or movie tickets. This week is general trivia topics.
Friday, April 12
- Volunteer at Manassas Health & Rehab: Student Life is volunteering at the Manassas Health & Rehab Center to play games and make crafts with the center’s residents. Those wanting to sign up can do so at http://bit.ly/NOVAMAVolunteer.
- Online Workshop: Unlocking the Secrets of the Research Paper: The online writing workshop continues, this time focusing on the writing and revising process of writing a research paper. The virtual workshop will be from 12:00 to 1:00 p.m. Those wanting to participate can sign up at http://tinyurl.com/asconlinew. Be sure to register at least 24 hours before the workshop begins.
Saturday, April 13
- MEC Open House & Community Health Expo: NOVA’s Medical Education Campus is hosting a community health expo from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Anyone who is interested in a career in health services or wants to receive free healthcare services are welcome. There will be a walk-a-ton and free health screenings. The event is also an opportunity for prospective students to learn about NOVA’s medical program.
- International Brotherhood of Magicians Magi-Whirl 2019: NOVA’s Alexandria campus is hosting a magic show at 7:00 p.m. in the Schlesinger Center. Illusionist Gustavo Raley, children’s entertainer Christopher T. Magician, D.C.’s magician of the year Christophe Jelinski, and more will be at the show. Door’s open at 6 p.m., with close-up shows from 6 to 7 p.m. in the lobby. Tickets are $20 in advance for adults and $15 for children. Tickets bought at the door will be $5 more.
Sunday, April 14
- Marine Chamber Orchestra: Haydn’s Drum Roll: The Drum Roll will be performed at the Schlesinger Center on NOVA’s Alexandria campus at 2:00 p.m. The pre-concert ensemble will be a trumpet quartet.