Fourth Estate is George Mason University’s award-winning student-run convergence and news website. Easily accessible on both mobile and standard devices, Fourth Estate provides relevant information to students, faculty, alumni and the greater Mason community.
Fourth Estate’s weekly edition is published most Monday’s throughout both the fall and spring semester. 4,000 copies of the newspaper are available to over 30,000 students.
All ads subject to approval.
George Mason student organizations get 50% off all rates.
George Mason University offices and departments receive a 25% discount.
In an average month, while Mason is in session:
- We get 13,900 visits to the site with 26,800 pageviews.
- Our average visitor sees 2 pages on each visit.
- 19% of our traffic comes from direct visitors, while another 31% comes organically from search results, the remaining 50% from referral traffic.
- 34% of visitors are on a George Mason University campus when they visit our site.
- Nearly 70% of visitors come from the state of Virginia.
- All together DC, Virginia and Maryland account for 76% of our traffic.