Monday, April 15
- Spring Fling: NOVA Spirit Day. NOVA’s Alexandria campus is hosting NOVA spirit day in the Bisdorf cafeteria and courtyard from noon to 5 p.m. There will be an opportunity to make your own name art design and name street sign, as well as a scavenger hunt to find the NOVA Nighthawk.
- Festival of the Arts Juried Student Show: Come to the Festival of the Arts and see various mediums including drawing, digital art, painting, photography and sculptures in the opening reception of the show. The student show will be on the Woodbridge campus from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. in the WAS Gallery.
- What If? Journey to Zero Waste: With Earth Day just around the corner, NOVA’s Alexandria Campus is holding an interactive workshop including a short video, discussion and sharing of college and community resources. The workshop is from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. on NOVA’s Alexandria campus in ASC Annex, room 234.
- Festival of the Arts Presents Poet Chiwan Choi: NOVA’s Woodbridge campus is hosting poet Chiwan Choi at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. in the Lakeside Theater. Choi will be hosting a campus reading and a creative writing workshop.
Tuesday, April 16
- Spring Fling: Earth Day “Journey to Zero Waste”: NOVA’S Alexandria campus is holding an Earth Day celebration, with activities spread throughout the day. From resource tables in the Bisdorf Courtyard at 11 a.m. to a Waste Audit at 1 p.m., students can learn about recycling and creating less waste. The events are hosted by both the Green Club and the Earth Day planning committee.
Wednesday, April 17
- Manassas Day!: Come out to the Howsmon patio from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. for carnival games, balloon artists, food, airbrush tattoos and more for Manassas day. There will also be a raffle where people can win an iPad mini, an Apple Watch and more.
- More Effective Communication with Clients with Dementia, Presented by the Alzheimer’s Association: The Alzheimer’s Association is holding a free presentation from noon to 12:50 p.m. in room 352 on NOVA’s Medical Education campus. Student’s faculty and staff are all welcome to attend.
- NOVA Day w/ a twist…. UNITYFEST: NOVA’s Alexandria campus is celebrating the end of the school year in the Bisdorf courtyard from noon to 4 p.m. There will be games and music. Volunteers are still needed.
- “I, Too, Sing America” ~Langston Hughes: NOVA’s Woodbridge campus is holding a poetry reading to celebrate diversity both at NOVA and in the U.S. in the Library Reading Room from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Thursday, April 18
- Spring Fling: Parade of Counties: At 11:30 a.m. NOVA’s Alexandria campus is hosting a fashion parade in the walkway between Bisdorf and the AFA Fine Arts Building. Students, faculty and staff will be participating. The fling will mark the start of the Multicultural Festival that begins after the parade.
- Spring Fling: Multicultural Festival: Following the Parade of Countries, the Multicultural Festival will be from noon to 5 p.m. Come and learn about different cultures and countries while enjoying music and food.
- Outdoor Movie featuring “Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse”: At approximately 8 p.m. at NOVA’s Woodbridge campus there will be an outdoor screening of “Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse” at Lake Patio. Students must bring their own chair or blanket. However, free popcorn will be available.
- Hypnosis Show: NOVA’s Loudoun campus will be hosting a hypnosis show at 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. in the LC Cafe.
Friday, April 19
- Kings Dominion Trip: Student’s attending the Kings Dominion trip should meet in front of the CE building on NOVA’s Annandale campus. The trip will be from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- UndocuNOVA Webinar Training: From 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. NOVA is holding a webinar training aimed at informing the community about the issues that affect the undocumented student population at NOVA. Those interested can register here: https://forms.gle/7uBdJRaDhW7d56sQ8