Top News From March 28 to April 1
BY ALLISON ALBERTY, SOCIAL MEDIA AND GRAPHICS EDITOR
Monday, March 28
- Colorado wildfires scorch almost 190 acres, prompting evacuations.
- The U.S. men’s soccer team qualifies for the 2022 World Cup.
- Will Smith hit Chris Rock onstage at the Oscars.
Tuesday, March 29
- Governor DeSantis signs Florida ‘Don’t Say Gay’ bill.
- Will Smith apologized to Chris Rock after the Academy condemned the altercation.
- Elevator in New York City. The skyscraper breaks down, leaving skyscraper occupants stranded.
Wednesday, March 30
- Peace talks between Russia and Ukraine progress, but the war continues.
- In historic change, female ministers oversee national security in Germany.
- G.O.P. advocates for a bigger edge on Florida and Ohio congressional maps.
Thursday, March 31
- C.D.C. lifts order restricting immigration during the pandemic.
- Inflation in Germany and Spain skyrockets due to the war in Russia and Ukraine.
- Biden announces plan that would release a million barrels of oil a day from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve.
Friday, April 1
- Two people were killed and several others were injured after severe storms destroys homes in the Florida Panhandle.
- The U.S. State Department will allow Americans to mark their gender as ‘X’ on passports.
- New Mexico explores tuition-free college education for all state residents.