Top news from March 14 to March 18
BY ALLISON ALBERTY, SOCIAL MEDIA AND GRAPHICS EDITOR
Monday, March 14
- Russia asks China for financial aid in the war against Ukraine.
- Tom Brady announced he will return to NFL and Buccaneers.
- American journalist Brent Renaud was killed in Ukraine.
Tuesday, March 15
- Document in Jan. 6 Case shows a plan to storm government buildings.
- Omicron infections prompt lockdown in China.
- Idaho passes an abortion ban following Texas’ abortion law.
Wednesday, March 16
- Senate approves making daylight saving time permanent.
- Zelensky makes an appeal for help to Canada’s Parliament, compares Toronto to Kyiv.
- China’s lockdown due to Omicron is set to further disrupt the global chain of supply.
Thursday, March 17
- Zelensky asks U.S.Congress for more aid.
- Ukrainian forces strike back at Russia as the U.S. pledges $800 million more in military aid.
- Federal Reserve raises interest rates in an effort to decrease inflation.
Friday, March 18
- Survivors in Ukraine emerge from a bombed theater.
- U.S. names Putin a ‘War Criminal’.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger made a video to Russia, telling Putin: ‘Stop this war.’