Monday, April 13
- Virginia Gov. Northam makes Election Day a state holiday and expands early voting.
- At least 16 dead as tornadoes tear through the South.
- Senator Bernie Sanders endorses former vice president Joe Biden for president.
Tuesday, April 14
- Former president Barack Obama endorses Biden for president.
- President Donald Trump announces he will halt funding for the World Health Organization.
- Pennsylvania House approves bill to reopen businesses if they follow the CDC guidelines on social distancing.
Wednesday, April 15
- Treasury Department announces Trump’s name will be printed on stimulus checks.
- March 2020 is reported to be the first March without a school shooting since 2002.
- Protests erupt in Lansing, Mich. after Gov. Whitmer extended and expanded strict social distancing rules.
Thursday, April 16
- Labor Department announces another five million people filed jobless claims, bringing the total to 22 million claims in one month.
- Land O’ Lakes drops racist Native American image from packages after 100 years.
- Navajo officials work to flatten the curve as coronavirus continues to spread in the nation’s largest Native American reservation.
Friday, April 17
- Glitches and “payment status not available” message prevent $1,200 stimulus checks from reaching millions of Americans.
- Michael Che of “SNL” announces he will pay one month’s rent for public housing tenants where his grandmother, who died of COVID-19, lived.
- Trump unveils “Opening Up America” plan and aims to reopen states as soon as May 1.