Top news from Mar. 21 to Mar. 25.
BY BRAD BYRNE, NEWS EDITOR
Monday, March 21
- Senate hearings for the appointment of Supreme Court nominee Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson begin.
- Ukraine rejects Russian offer to withdraw troops from Maripol.
- In China, a Boeing 737 with 130 passengers crashed in southern China.
Tuesday, March 22
- Ukrainian President Zelensky wants to make a commitment of Ukraine to not join NATO.
- Governor Eric Holcomb of Indiana vetoed a bill blocking transgender girls from playing school sports.
- Supreme Court nominee Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson stated that she decides cases in a neutral matter.
Wednesday, March 23
- Women’s tennis World No. 1 Ashleigh Barty announced her retirement at the age of 25.
- US finds Russian troops have committed war crimes in Ukraine.
- No survivors were found in the Boeing 737 crash in southern China.
Thursday, March 24
- WNBA player Britney Griner is doing well in Russian prison, but is not close to being released.
- Madeline Albright died at the age of 84, she was the first women Secretary of State for the Clinton administration.
- Dangerous severe weather and tornadoes rampage New Orleans, La.
Friday, March 25
- Ginni Thomas, wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, was found to have pressed Trump’s Chief of Staff, Mark Meadows, to Overturn 2020 vote on Jan. 6.
- President Biden stated that the US would accept up to 100,000 refugees and donate $1 billion to help European countries with the humanitarian crisis.
- Saint Peter’s men’s basketball continues its Cinderella run to the Elite Elight with a win over Purdue.