Monday, Feb. 24
- Harvey Weinstein found guilty of rape in New York trial.
- “Hidden Figures” inspiration and NASA mathematician Katherine Johnson dies.
- Bernie Sanders becomes the first presidential candidate, Democrat or Republican, to win the popular vote in all three early voting states.
Tuesday, Feb. 25
- Americans should begin to prepare for a novel coronavirus outbreak in the U.S., CDC warns.
- A heat wave in Antarctica wiped out 20 percent of an island’s snow in nine days.
- U.S. stock market drops significantly due to the coronavirus crisis.
Wednesday, Feb. 26
- Scotland became the first country to make feminine hygiene products free for everyone.
- Congress makes lynching a federal crime 65 years after Emmett Till died.
- Supreme Court rules that border patrol agents who shoot foreign nationals can’t be sued.
Thursday, Feb. 27
- Kentucky Republican flips state house seat held by Democrats for 50 years
- Court hands Trump win in sanctuary city fight, says administration can deny grant money.
- The Trump administration says a coronavirus vaccine may not be affordable.
Friday, Feb. 28
- Dow falls 1,191 points — the most in history.
- Disney Jungle Cruise boat sinks with passengers still on board in the Magic Kingdom.
- Vice President Mike Pence will control all coronavirus messaging from health officials.