TOP NEWS FROM APRIL 11 to APRIL 15
BY BRAD BYRNE, NEWS EDITOR
Monday, April 11
- Jared Kushner secured a $2 billion investment from a fund led by the Saudi crown prince.
- President Emmanuel Macron and hard-right leader Marine Le Pen will compete in a run-off for the French presidency on April 24.
- Texas will dismiss the murder charge against a woman connected to ‘Self-Induced Abortion’.
Tuesday, April 12
- Mexican citizens voted President Andrés Manuel López Obrador back into office.
- A man set off smoke grenades and opened fire on patrons at a Brooklyn subway stop, injuring at least 30.
- Ukraine is investigating a claim that a poisonous substance was dropped on Mariupol.
Wednesday, April 13
- Russian President Vladimir Putin insisted the war in Ukraine is going as planned.
- President Joe Biden calls the war in Ukraine “genocide”.
- Truckers have blocked a bridge that links Mexico and Texas, protesting inspections ordered by Texas Governor Greg Abbott.
Thursday, April 14
- Elon Musk offers to buy Twitter after becoming one of its largest shareholders.
- Frank James, the perpetrator of the Brooklyn subway attack, appeared in federal court and is being held without bail by the NYPD.
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signs a bill into law banning abortions after 15 weeks.
Friday, April 15
- More than 900 bodies of civilians have been found in the Kyiv region in Ukraine after Russian forces left.
- Ukraine hits and sinks a Russian warship in the Black Sea.
- Ohio man who blamed Trump for Storming the Capitol is found guilty of all six charges brought against him.